18 September 2015

Why I don't like All About that Bass by @meghan_trainor

 
Now, I'm not saying I hate the song, I actually quite enjoy listening to it and doing a bit of stomach dancing in the car.  But, everytime I listen to it I feel like it is giving the wrong impression to girls.

For those of you who don't know, it is a song talking about how it is okay to not be a 'stick figure Barbie doll,' but it is okay to have a 'little boody.'

Now, I do agree, but I feel like there is too much in the world today of people trying to say that being bigger is okay, that we don't all need to be skinny.

I myself am floating around 200 lbs, at only 5'3", and let me tell you, I feel like crap.  My clothes don't fit like they did last year.  I can't do the things I use to be able to do.  My feet seem to constantly hurt.  And, I attribute a lot of that to my weight, and my size.  I am not as fat as other people I see, but I feel like by telling girls, oh, it is okay to be whatever size you are, you are denying them a full life.  I don't want anyone to be my size, I don't want to be.  And before you get on my back thinking it is because I want to look a certain way, I don't, it's a health issue.  I want to be able to stay on my feet for a couple of hours not in pain.  I want to be able to go for a run around the park.  I want to be able to go for a hike.  I want to be able to do some dancing.  And yes, I do want to fit into all those cute clothes I have that don't fit.  But most importantly, I want to be able to feel good again.

So no, I'm sorry, you aren't all 'perfect from the bottom to the top,' some of you could use a good makeover to be healthy and in the best shape for you.



P.S. Did @meghan_trainor tweeted @MySpace?  What? Who still uses My Space?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?